Today’s world thrives on technology. And technology is found in all facets of our everyday lives.
As Ghana marks its 60th milestone, it is important that it incorporates the best that technology has to offer into its development agenda.
After all, the nations that have far developed have employed technology at the heart of their development policies.
The Jubilee Innovation Challenge is a competition open to Ghanaians aged between 18 and 35.
It provides them with an opportunity to develop an app that would be useful in furthering Ghana’s development agenda.
The app developed would provide an innovative solution to boost government work in sectors not limited to:
1. Healthcare and Science
3. Local Governance
4. Poverty alleviation
6. Industry and manufacturing
7. Land management
Our goal is to mobilise Ghana’s best young, innovative talent in utilising technology to improve some facet of government business.
The focus of the Jubilee Innovation Challenge would be on mobile technology-driven solutions for both smartphones as well as non-smartphones.
We encourage Ghana’s young people to sign up to this competition in their numbers with their innovations. By taking an interest and entering submissions for the Jubilee Innovation Challenge, they would be living the anniversary credo – Mobilising for the Future – which seeks to get every Ghanaian, irrespective of age, on board to play their role in not only developing Ghana, but also flying her flag high.
Criteria and Eligibility
– Competitors must be aged between 18-35 years old.
– Solutions should be available via a mobile phone , either smartphone (Android, IOS, Mobile Web) or non-smart phone (SMS, USSD, Voice).
– Solutions can also include Internet of Things Based Solutions.
– Solution should be demonstrable and work in Ghana.
– Solution should be built by a Ghanaian resident or Ghanaian-registered Company.
– Solution should not be a copy of an existing business in Ghana.
Opening Submissions – February 22, 2017
Deadline for Submissions – May 19, 2017.
Shortlisting – July 2, 2017.
Awards Ceremony – July 19, 2017.
All interested applicants should submit their innovation entry with a write-up to:[email protected]
1st – GHs 100,000
2nd – GHs 75,000
3rd – GHs 50,000