Windows 10 which is becoming one of the widely used operating system in the world though it has it’s own short comes, it has lots of functionalities and features that takes an amount of time of reading and practice to note.
Lots of users tend to complain about their computer slowing down and then it takes time for their computer to boot to windows when turned on. One of the major contributing factor is due to startup programs and services.
When you boot up your computer, windows has to load up all the startup services and programs on your computer. Even though the amount or size of RAM is a contributing factor to the power of your computer, it is required to let go off some unnecessary startup programs to make windows boot up and run smoothly.
I will present to you two methods to go by this; the firs method is for standard users and the 2nd method is also for advanced users.
- Navigate to your task manager by clicking on start menu and search for Task manager or right click on the task bar and in the popup menu section you will find Task manager.
- Open the task manager and click on startup tab. You will then see all startup programs, click on any that you think isn’t important. Right click on it and click on disable. Apply this same procedure to all programs you want to disable. But just be careful because you might disable and important startup program that might be required by your computer.
Method 2 (Advanced Users)
- Press and hold the start button and R to bring up the run dialogue box. Then type “msconfig” without quotes.
- Press enter, in the msconfig window, navigate to the services tab. At the left button corner of the services tab, click on “hide all Microsoft services” since we don’t want to meddle with any windows services to prevent windows from booting up.
- Now go through the services one after the other thoroughly and uncheck the unimportant services one after the other. When you done click on apply, restart your computer and examine the speed of your computer. You will realise it’s load time is faster than before. Just be careful not to disable computer drivers since they are also a contributing factor the the smooth running of your computer.
If you experiencing any difficulty you can comment below or give GeekieWorld I.T Support a call on +233245903246 or contact us on Whatsapp on +233274604865
Subscribe to our mailing list and get tech updates to your email inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.