Most people continue to complain about windows 10 consuming their data and shift blames on Microsoft for not including the functionality of disabling automatic updates.
But there are ways around this, and i am going to present to you the best and safest way of disabling automatic updates on Windows 10 and other functionalities to prolong your data usage.
- You will need to download a tool from pxc-coding.com called “Do Not Spy“.
- On the website click on the button with description Download (ad-supported). The version currently used as of this tutorial is 188.8.131.52 so please take note.
- Install the setup downloaded. On your first instance of launching the application, it will prompt for a system restore point to be created. Please it’s recommended that you do so if there be any glitch on your computer you can restore it to enable a smooth running on your computer. But since it’s the most trusted and useful tool, I don’t however think it might cause complications on your computer.
- On Do Not Spy window, by default its going to tick some options (options ticked means the action will be activated). You will need to peak and read through an option after the other to select based on your mode of preference. But for this tutorial, there are mainly 4 options I will like you to select. Defer windows upgrade, Disable Automatic Driver Update, Disable Automatic Windows Store Updates, Disable Windows Automatic Updates.
- Click on apply, if it prompts for system restore, select the option yes. Once its done you can click on exit.
If there be a situation whereby you would like to revert this action, all you need to do is to open the app again and deselect the options enabled and you are good to go.
If you experiencing any difficulty you can comment below or give GeekieWorld I.T Support a call on +233245903246 or contact us on Whatsapp on +233274604865