NigComSat 1-R a third Nigerian satellite to be placed into orbit is reportedly lying idle regardless of its large number of communication resources at its disposal.
According to a local newspaper, NigComSat 1-R has been idle due to some challenges;
- High cost of internet data.
- Inability to meet June international Telecommunications Union Digital Switch over deadline.
- Absence of real time medicine in the country.
- Among other things.
From other sources ;
- NigComSat-1R’s transponders have not been put into use even for once since it was re-launched in 2011.
- A government official added that the N34 billion naira communication satellite was lying idle partly because of inter-agency rivalry between the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) and the Nigeria Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT).
- Also the lack of sufficient for the training of engineers overseas to broaden and enhance their knowledge.
We hoping for there issues to be attended to and resolved.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get tech updates to your email inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.