Google Chrome, preferred and most secured browser by all tends to run in the background of our operating systems even after closing it.
Even though it helps with giving up on time notifications and also when we want to resume surfing on the web, it posses great disadvantage to the smooth running of your computer by stealing system resources such as RAM and Processor space.
Here is how to go about stopping chrome from running in the background of your PC.
- Head towards your task bar and locate Chrome icon.
- After locating it, right click and you will see “Let Google Chrome Run in background”.
- Click in it and you are done, it will stop running in the background.
Method 2 (Alternatively)
- Click on the 3 vertical icons at the right top corner of your browser and click on settings or you can type “chrome://settings/” without quotes to access the settings section of google chrome.
- At the settings section, scroll down to system and under system you will find “Let Google Chrome run in the background” checked, uncheck it and you will terminate it from running in the background.
If you will like to revert the process in sometime, use Method 2.